Skip to content
- Your tattoo should be cleaned once or twice daily with lukewarm water and soap.
- Clean your tattoo with soap that works best for you. We recommend fragrance-free hypoallergenic soap.
- Always pat your tattoo dry with a clean paper towel.
- Let your tattoo heal on its own for about 3 to 5 days before you apply lotion or a balm. We find dry healing is the best!
- When moisturizing please use a non-scented lotion or balm that is hypoallergenic
- For the first 42 hours wear loose-fitting clean clothing that will not rub against your tattoo.
- An itchy tattoo is OK! Itching means your tattoo is starting to heal. This is a natural part of the healing process.
- Do not scratch or pick your tattoo. If you need some relief simply tap your tattoo with clean fingers or apply a light layer of non-scented lotion to reduce the discomfort.
What to Avoid:
- Do not touch your new tattoo!
- Do not use: alcohol, anti-bacterial spray and/or peroxide to clean your tattoo.
- Avoid using dirty towels, bed sheets and clothing. Please use clean items during your healing process.
- Avoid re-bandaging. If your bandage comes off, leave it off.
- Do not moisturize with petroleum jelly or other balms that may affect your skin’s ability to breathe.
- You can shower but please avoid pools, hot-tubs, baths or bodies of water until your tattoo is healed.
- Keep your new tattoo away from direct contact with animal hair and saliva.
- Do not shave the area of your tattoo until it has completely healed.
- Try to avoid any heavy swearing for the first 72 hours.
- Once healed, apply sunscreen over your tattoo if you are planning to do activities in the sun.
- Come in for a touch-up if you need, they are free!